Contact Us Today









Package design is key to attract today’s wine consumer

Regardless of the widely varied consumer preferences that can be found in the alcoholic beverage industry, one thing is for certain. There are enough available options in the market to satisfy nearly every American of legal drinking age. Label design has become an even more important element of the process to differentiate your product in a saturated market space.

As of June 2017, more than 3,500 new wine products had hit store shelves in the past 12 months. That represents 14 percent of the total market and just under 5 percent of category sales by volume. This large influx isn’t just giving consumers a much broader array of new brands to choose from, it’s also forcing retailers to make tough choices about how to allocate their limited available shelf space for new brands.

The good news is that research tells us that only 29 percent of consumers know which brand they intend to buy before entering a store. That means the remaining 71 percent of consumers are open to suggestion and will be making their decision in the store.

Package design plays a key role in differentiating your brand from the rest. Does the design grab consumers’ attention quickly? Does your label design reflect the brand’s personality and effectively convey key messages that can connect with the consumer? By answering just those 3 simple questions will open you to over 50 percent of the total consumer market. The rest should be analyzed through market research, feedback and analysis.

Source: Nielsen, September 2017